YUMmmm… this Ginger Pear Blueberry Crumble is a healthy, delicious dessert that combines organic pears and blueberries with fresh ginger. Then it’s topped with a gluten-free granola almond crumble. Your friends and family are going to LOVE this one. And they won’t even know it’s gluten-free!
As I’ve mentioned before, blueberries are great brain food. But they are also on the Dirty Dozen list so it’s a great idea to choose organic whenever possible. And did you know that pear skins contain four times the phytonutrients as the fruit itself? And they are a great source of fiber. This fiber is one of the reasons that eating pears with skins on can help regulate your blood sugar. Then there’s ginger with its amazing anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties.
For a healthy dessert or breakfast treat, you can’t go wrong with this tasty, easy-to-make Ginger Pear Blueberry Crumble!
Ginger Pear Blueberry Crumble
- 6 organic pears sliced (skins on)
- 2 cups organic blueberries* fresh or frozen
- 2 TBSP grated ginger
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2½ cups gluten-free or paleo granola**
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 TBSP coconut oil + extra for greasing pan
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease 9x13 pan w/ coconut oil.
- In large bowl, mix together sliced pears, blueberries, ginger, lemon juice and tapioca flour.
- Spread mixture into tom of greased pan.
- In smaller bowl, mix together gluten-free granola, chopped almonds, coconut oil, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture over top of fruit in pan.
- Cover w/ foil and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes to brown topping.
** Look for low-sugar brands of gluten-free granola, or make your own with this recipe: gluten-free granola.)
Please leave drop a comment below to let us know how you like this recipe