Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans Upcycle into Soup!
This hearty, warming Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans recipe is perfect for autumn or winter. I made it earlier this week and had to share it because it’s SOOOO good! And it’s packed full of colorful root vegetables to help you eat the rainbow and boost your phytonutrient intake at the same time.
Root vegetables are also very grounding, so if you’re feeling overwhelmed or uncentered (who isn’t these days, right?!), this would be a perfect meal to help ground you.
I love helping my clients with meal-prep ideas, to make cooking easier and take less time. And this Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans recipe makes enough that you can re-purpose it for several more meals, as I share below.
Meal 1: Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans
To really taste the flavors of the veggies, I prefer to season this dish with just olive oil, salt, and pepper. But you could also add other types of seasoning as you prefer.
Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and 1” cubed
- 1 large sweet potato/yam, peeled and 1” cubed
- 2 large carrots, 1/2” slices
- 2 medium purple onions sliced into wedges
- 1 bulb of garlic separate and peel whole cloves
- 1 chayote (or other squash) 1” cubed
- 3 stocks organic celery 1/2” slices
- 1 can artichoke hearts sliced
- 1 jar Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 3 TBSP organic olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut up all veggies and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Put seasonned veggies in a large casserole dish or lasagna pan
- Bake for about an hour, stirring occasionally, onions and garlic should start to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and toss in Cannellini beans to warm them.
The first evening we ate Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans as our main dish. Bursting with flavor, this hearty meal didn’t need anything else. But it would also be yummy as a side dish with some grilled salmon or other protein.
Meal 2: With Sauteed Greens
Since they were plenty of leftovers, the next day I re-purposed the Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans for breakfast. I sautéed a bunch of organic spinach, arugula, and Swiss chard, then added the Roasted Veggies & Cannellini Beans (and a few more artichoke hearts because you can never have too many artichoke hearts, right?!) at the end to heat them. Wow was that an awesome, filling breakfast!!
Meal 3: As a Soup
And still, there was some leftover. So for lunch, I threw the remaining roasted veggies into the Vitamix, along with a couple more carrots, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and a little water. Then blended it up into a hearty soup, and served it sprinkled with pumpkin seeds. Sooo Delish! And that’s how you make one meal extend into three.
Please share with your friends and family who enjoy healthy recipes. And leave a message to share what great substitutions you made or how are you repurpose your meals.
Leave a Comment